T-Shirt Forums banner

R-Jet 5 - Reload Paper

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  printprincess 
#1 ·
Although I've already emailed resolute about this (and will hopefully hear something from them tomorrow seeing as it's after midnight here) I thought I'd also post the question up on here in case anyone has had this problem before.

Normally "Reload Paper" errors were caused by the metal or the black strip on the top of the box being too dirty, however having made sure that the lid of the box was 110% spotless I watched the sensor trying to read the black strip and I noticed that sometimes, despite the box having loaded in the same distance before registration checks, when it was pulling the box in to read the black strip it would sometimes pull the box further back to the point where the light on the sensor was in the middle of the thickest part of the black strip.

Obviously not being able to find the edge of the black strip it immediately rejects the box and comes up "Reload Paper". Redoing this repeatedly it would eventually decide to pull the box the right distance in and it would recognise the strip.

The only other post I saw on here said something about the magnetic strip on the box being damaged? However I have two boxes, one that's used daily and one that's used a couple of times a month (if that) and both had the same problem.

I've tried switching the whole thing off and on again but it initially came up with the same problem at first but then the next 4-5 reloads seemed to be working fine so hopefully tomorrow it may be happy again but in case it's not I'd love to know if anyone knows what may be causing this.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Martin,

The black strips do need to be changed normally around every six months. They are a consumable and available on our website in packs of 5.

The sensor will detect reflection and this generally happens when a black strip has lost its matt finish due to general wear & tear. It may look perfectly clean but still not read correctly.

Cleaning the black strip needs to be with the cleaner provided or purchased from Resolute, you can use a specific kind of IPA wipe also. If the wrong kind of cleaning is used it will leave a film on the metal and strip that will reflect the light from the sensor.

I have checked and your R-Jet 5 is now just over a year old and I don't see any black strips purchased so I assume it is time to change the one in question.

If the magnetic strip on the bottom of the platen is damaged you would get an error code of 10001, this also indicates a sensor is not communicating with the strip which can be a simple adjustment by turning the collar nut on the sensor to raise it slightly.

Hope this helps, if not please feel free to call the office and we can assist you further.

Regards

Colin

#3 ·
Hi Colin

Thanks for that. Would that cause the box to load in further than normal as it seems to pull the box in to the point where when the light passes over it, it's in the middle of the thick front part of the black strip rather than just before it where it would normally load to.

I'll have a look on the site and get some strips ordered.

Cheers

Martin

#5 ·
Hi there,

I seem to be having the same problem - when I go to load the platen, it gets pulled too far back, and then goes on to display the "reload paper" message.

I know that this isn't a platen issue, as I have a few platens that continue to work fine with our other machine, and all do the same with this machine.

Any advice would be much appreciated, as I am currently not able to use this printer at all due to this issue :(

Colin - you had mentioned that the multi sensor may need cleaning.
Where do I find this and what is the best way to do this?

Thank you in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.