User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers > Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers
Discuss the different brands, makes and models of printers used to print inkjet and laser heat transfers. Also includes information on the inks that can be used to make your own transfers.

Best budget printer for heat transfer 2016

Like Tree12Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 11th, 2016 Dec 11, 2016 9:16:06 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Best budget printer for heat transfer 2016

Hi, I know this question has been asked so many times. But most of them were before 2014. I am going to start a t shirt printing business. I decided to do heat transfer printing. But I am confused about printer. My budget roughly $200 for printer. I liked Epson WF-7110. However, I can't decide whether I should buy it. So please tell me some good quality pigment based ink printer under $200 which are good for hit transfer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 11th, 2016 Dec 11, 2016 10:50:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Olga

Default Re: Best budget printer for heat transfer 2016

That's a good printer. you can print up to 13 x 19 design, also WF-7610. Less money try WF-2750 and WF-2650
mgparrish and riad99 like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to olga1 For This Useful Post:
riad99 (December 11th, 2016)
Old December 11th, 2016 Dec 11, 2016 11:02:01 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Have you used any of these printers? and what is your experience? Are those inks durable? Or they fade away?

Old December 11th, 2016 Dec 11, 2016 11:36:45 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Olga

Yes, I have a WF-7110 and I buy pigment ink from inkjetcarts.us
zawblade00 likes this.

Old December 11th, 2016 Dec 11, 2016 11:52:15 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Is the quality good and durable? can u show me some samples?

Old December 11th, 2016 Dec 11, 2016 1:17:06 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Anthony

There hasn't been a big change in those printers since 2014. They're essentially the same print engines and the same inks. I can't comment on 3rd party inks, as I've used the Epson Durabrite inks in a WF 7520. I've been very happy with the results. You might need to go with greater color saturation than looks good onscreen. Experimentation is required. I think the difference between the 7110 and the 7610 is the scanner. Since the price is pretty close, I would go the the 7610,as 11x17 scanning can be useful. I also suggest ordering your transfer paper in 11x17. 8 1/2 x 11 is too small for a good lookkng adult shirt (although fine for youth). That said, I don't run a full time busines, so take my advice for what it's worth. Ive been reading this forum for a while, and I don't know that anyone has a business based solely on printing transfers. It mostly seems to used for one-offs, where other means are not practical. If you haven't already, read about transfers for light fabrics and dark. They are two very different beasties.
riad99 likes this.

Last edited by AnthonyF; December 11th, 2016 at 01:33 PM..

Old December 12th, 2016 Dec 12, 2016 7:48:42 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

These were printed on my 7520. The white shirts on Jet Pro Soft Stretch, the Bad Kitty on Neenah 3g Dark, contour cut on a Cameo Portrait.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg have you seen this chicken t.jpg (69.3 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg starwars t.jpg (113.1 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg bad kitty t.jpg (20.2 KB, 146 views)
mgparrish and riad99 like this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyF For This Useful Post:
riad99 (December 13th, 2016), Shefa (December 14th, 2016)
Old December 12th, 2016 Dec 12, 2016 2:00:04 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I stumbled on to this thread from the site mailer. I have a nice heat press and I have been using heat transfer vinyl for a while, but it would be nice to add dye sub to my arsenal. Can someone give a quick overview of the supplies needed to get started?

I would need an inkjet printer such as one of the Epsons in this thread.

I assume I would also need to get specific dye sub inks like these:

https://store.inkjetcarts.us/ultrasu...nks-p4604.aspx

... with some kind of refillable ink carts.

The inks above are apparently only good for polyester. Is there an inexpensive way to do dye sub on a typical cotton blend shirt?

Thanks for any info or links to get me on the right path!

Old December 12th, 2016 Dec 12, 2016 4:14:27 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

There's a whole section of the forum devoted to dye-sub. You should wander over there and start reading. Lot of information.

Old December 12th, 2016 Dec 12, 2016 8:59:49 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
The inks above are apparently only good for polyester. Is there an inexpensive way to do dye sub on a typical cotton blend shirt?
Dye sub can only print on polyester. And only on lighter colored garments.

While it is possible to print dye sub on to cotton using special, rather expensive, transfers, you're not printing directly to the shirt. You are printing to a polyester film that is then heat pressed to the shirt.
mgparrish likes this.

Old December 12th, 2016 Dec 12, 2016 10:49:58 PM -   #11 (permalink)
FNA
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Steve

I'm in much the same situation, but maybe with a bigger budget. I was lamenting the lack of affordable A3 White Toner Oki printers in Australia (all hover around $20k AUD), but noticed recently the range of Uninet iColor laser/led printers. The 500 seems to be an A4 with white printer, and the 600 model does A3 with White and Black, but at a great price. Has anyone used Uninet printers, and are the internals compatible with the Oki range of printers? They seem to be just rebadged Oki's.

Old December 13th, 2016 Dec 13, 2016 1:21:01 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF
These were printed on my 7520. The white shirts on Jet Pro Soft Stretch, the Bad Kitty on Neenah 3g Dark, contour cut on a Cameo Portrait.
Bro does the color fade away when you wash it? What is the size of your transfer paper?

Old December 13th, 2016 Dec 13, 2016 2:47:30 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by riad99
Bro does the color fade away when you wash it? What is the size of your transfer paper?
I have not had fading issues. I've had some cracking with the dark transfers, but I haven't had time to do more extensive testing for variations in application.
These 3 shirts are for my 7 year old son, so they are all 8 1/2 x 11. The Star Wars shirt was in landscape, so it's wider but shorter. For adult shirts I use 11x17. Letter size is too small, unless, like the Star Wars, it's wide but short.

Old December 14th, 2016 Dec 14, 2016 7:22:45 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: br1ght

Has anyone tried the Epson Ecotank series for heat transfers? If so what are your results...

I still pay a third party for toner based photos which makes up about 1% of my business... In some ways it's better for me as they deal with all the enhancements etc for $3 then send the customer back to me to buy the T and pay for my pressing. However, The EcoTank series is so affordable I keep thinking about purchasing and doing in house... FYI I own a WF-7010
that anyone who wants it for parts is welcome to it for the price of shipping--I used "high quality" aftermarket ink that plugged her print head solidly in a few months of light daily use...

2nd Q what is the difference in hand of the transfer for toner for dark T's vs inkjet for dark T's? Also is there a significant difference in the longevity of the print?

TY

Old January 11th, 2017 Jan 11, 2017 2:45:05 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga1
That's a good printer. you can print up to 13 x 19 design, also WF-7610. Less money try WF-2750 and WF-2650
Thanks for the info! I stumbled on this thread. Debating on the Epson Artison 1430 but have not purchased it yet - customer support says it does not support pigment based inks so they gave me a list of other Epson printers that do. I certainly want pigment based for my tshirts. Decisions, decisions........

This is a discussion about Best budget printer for heat transfer 2016 that was posted in the Printers and Inks for Inkjet and Laser Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.