T-Shirt Forums banner

Refillable cartridge won't reset

[Epson Printers] 
3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  dim116 
#1 ·
Having trouble with refillable carts & Epson WF-7010. Printer was running with inks from Cobra (came prefilled with pigment ink) Got first notification that cyan was low. Refilled as per instructions/reset as per instructions. Printer will not accept cartridge & light stays on.
I am familiar with how this system works. I have another 7010 with sublimation inks (refillable) which works just fine.
Does anyone have any other ideas that I can try.
I even took the battery out of the cart & reinserted - still no good.
Any tips appreciated.

#2 ·
We have the exact same issue here - a few times resetting the chip hasn't worked so we've had to order new chips to go onto the cartridges and that fixed the issue. Try that? I'm sure if you told your supplier the issue they would send a few out very cheaply.

#4 ·
Your likely solution is to move a factory Epson chip from an empty Epson cartridge to the refilled chip if the refilled cartridge is not Epson brand. Otherwise you can skip this step.

Next reset the chip with an EPSON WIDE FORMAT CHIP RESETTER

Our machine is a different model and uses a QE388 Ink Level Setting System by Intelledge, part number IEP-RESET-WF. I don't remember the exact cost but it wasn't expensive.

We only use a black cartridge for films so this keeps the color cartridges from needing to be replaced indefinitely.

Print Medics

#5 ·
Update on this problem.
I got in touch by phone with Richard & Ashley at Cobra Inks.
After explaining my problem they sent me a new refillable cartridge and a few extra cartridge batteries.
I replaced the cartridge of issue with the new one & problem solved. Not sure if it was a bad chip or the battery, but all working now.
Big thanks to Richard & Ashley at Cobra Inks. They were very nice & helpful.
thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.