User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

im so confused between paper and printers

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Jun 18, 2017 2:54:39 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default im so confused between paper and printers

Hi Tshirt printing experts lol

i want to get into printing my own tshirts, im not really in it to print and sell at the moment just print my own because i enjoy graphic design and DIY, i have been doing some reading, i have found a press and have ordered a 16" x 20" but i dont know if i want to get a laser printer or a inkjet, my goal is printing on white and black t shirts and having them last when washed and not crack and all that. my budget is not large so i need a cheapish printer, their is so many to go for and its so confusing. please help me t shirt guru's

i also dont know what shirts are better for long lasting prints through washes cotton or polyester ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Days Ago Jun 23, 2017 10:26:17 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: im so confused between paper and printers

If you want to print on dark shirts, you'll want to go with Laser. And, of course, if you're looking to print "white" on those dark shirts, you'll need to either have a laser that prints white (usually Okidata but there are a couple others out there now) OR use paper that transfers "all" white. I know that Forever makes such a paper and I think Neenah does as well.

With inkjet (or sublimation), you're going to be pretty much limited in terms of color.

As far as cotton or poly or blend, you'll find that all three will work with Laser. With sublimation you're limited strictly to Polyester. I've had positive experiences with all three using laser - just have to be sure to watch your print temps -poly and poly blends are more sensitive to high temps than cotton.

For poly / poly blend, I find that the Forever Low Temp is the best option. For Cotton, if dealing with larger numbers, I use Image Clip. For one-offs, I'll use Forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to paradigmprint For This Useful Post:
FOREVERCS (4 Days Ago)

This is a discussion about im so confused between paper and printers that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.