User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Very weird question-don't mock me :P

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Ripcord
  • 1 Post By Ripcord
  • 2 Post By seacookie

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 6 Days Ago May 18, 2017 9:14:20 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Very weird question-don't mock me :P

Can I and how could I do this:

Use airbrush for making a picture on a t-shirt and then press it with a heat press so color stays inside the t-shirt.

I'm not interested about airbrush, how you draw stuff. I am interested what color you put inside if any and if you can heat press it on t-shirt.

So little brainstorming. Is it possible and how could I do that?

I am wishing airbrush for a decade. I got money for it. For the whole setup. But could I use it on t-shirts as well? And how would you guys do this if you would experiment with this?

Thanks for ideas,brainstorming,your time and so on.

If anybody is thinking this would take to much time for making a t-shirt, I was thinking that time goes for preparation. You need to cut out text or something from paper with vinyl cutter, and then air brush color on to the t-shirt. After that apply heat pressure treatment.

This was just my brainstorming, so like a title of thread says: Don't mock me:P I am just thinking about stuff.

So guys need your help for some brainstorming. Any weird though is most welcomed in this topic.

for the ones who don't know what airbrush is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW82uQyRrrc

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbru.../dp/B001TO578Q

http://tesi.si/vse_kategorije/airbru...neo_kit_iwata/

off course: more money better airbrush

Last edited by seacookie; 6 Days Ago at 09:26 PM.. Reason: added links

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago May 18, 2017 10:18:34 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Very weird question-don't mock me :P

I found few old topics, but why they don't use plastisol colors? -.-

Old 6 Days Ago May 18, 2017 10:58:01 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hmmm, That's an interesting thought.
There are fabric paints, but they are usually used with a brush and just allowed to dry, I wouldn't know how long they hold up though. That could depend on the wash procedure, as a small example, my daughter painted a mug for my partners birthday using a kit 20 years ago, and that is still as good as new because it hasn't been in a dishwasher. and it is used at least twice a week.
Dye sub ink would probably work but that'll be on white as I dont think there is a white dye sub.
Plastisol would be far too viscous to go through an airbrush.
Good luck with your experiments seacookie, and keep us posted with your results please.

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 4:23:27 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Can I make Plastisol less viscous and have the same results after plastisol color is dry?

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 5:33:13 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

An idea might be to airbrush a design on a piece of paper, then take a good clear photo of it in bright light. Now you'll have it in digital form and you can make it into plastisol or digital transfers; as many as you please. An added benefit is you can get the painting exactly the way you want before putting it on any shirts.

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 9:04:39 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord
An idea might be to airbrush a design on a piece of paper, then take a good clear photo of it in bright light. Now you'll have it in digital form and you can make it into plastisol or digital transfers; as many as you please. An added benefit is you can get the painting exactly the way you want before putting it on any shirts.
I was thinking more in the line, let me give you one stupid google example:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12...g?v=1468460869

If I would make a stencil of for example this design, then I would only need to spray once and heat press. No need to weed or have problems with transfers.

This is just a thought. And it would be faster, cause you just spray over it.

I was thinking if plastisol is to thick for airbursh, then this could be done "maybe" with a gun which is used for painting cars.

But can you make Plastisol viscosity reduced? And the next question would be, would it be cheaper to spray t-shirt then heat transfer or vinyl them?

Old 5 Days Ago May 19, 2017 6:58:10 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

But for that design why not just screen print it, or for smaller quantities use vinyl transfers? Airbrushing would be way more work and result in crappier quality. You can build a one color screen press for less than $50 and I have plans that I'd be glad to forward to anyone who PM's me.
john221us likes this.

Old 5 Days Ago May 19, 2017 7:02:22 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
But for that design why not just screen print it, or for smaller quantities use vinyl transfers? Airbrushing would be way more work and result in crappier quality. You can build a one color screen press for less than $50 and I have plans that I'd be glad to forward to anyone who PM's me.
I would like to have one color press, but i was reading a little about that and looked to me like I need bunch of stuff. Like dark room, something for heat and so on?

I don't have much room right now. I'm moving to house next summer...

Old 5 Days Ago May 20, 2017 6:06:05 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You don't need a dark room, just a dim room with no sunlight. And there are plenty of inks that air dry. If you want to print with plastisol, your heat source can be as simple as a $20 Home Depot heat gun

Old 4 Days Ago May 21, 2017 1:05:35 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
You don't need a dark room, just a dim room with no sunlight. And there are plenty of inks that air dry. If you want to print with plastisol, your heat source can be as simple as a $20 Home Depot heat gun
What do I need if I'm gonna try this?
Plans for screens, heat gun, printer for films, color. What else?

Old 4 Days Ago May 21, 2017 10:33:57 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I wrote an e-book that teaches beginners how to screen print starting from scratch and includes plans for a one color press. PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ripcord For This Useful Post:
into the T (3 Days Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago May 21, 2017 2:09:08 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thx for help Ripcord. I'm gonna send you pm. Need to see if this could work at my place.

Old 3 Days Ago May 21, 2017 7:29:54 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Edward

keep us updated on your progress seacookie

i would definitely be interested

Old 3 Days Ago May 22, 2017 12:39:51 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Sure I will. I am still experimenting with all of this stuff with t-shirts.
But I must admit, Ripcord e-book is amazing. This is bullet proof guide for noobs like me.

Damn, when I went to check screen printing forum I almost throw up when I start reading all information. But with Ripcord book I enjoy reading about screen printing. Now he made me interested in multicolor screen printing...

I was amazed how he explained stuff. Like he would position himself in to noobs perspective. Thumbs up Ripcord.
Ripcord and into the T like this.

This is a discussion about Very weird question-don't mock me :P that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.