User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers > Graphtec Brand Vinyl Cutters
Discuss the Graphtec brand of vinyl cutters

CE6000-60 and Siser Strip Flock

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1090gal

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 14, 2017 6:48:31 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default CE6000-60 and Siser Strip Flock

Just got a new ce6000-60 a week ago. I used it to cut about 20-25 feet of Siser EasyWeed. Now trying to cut Strip Flock and I think it's going to be the end of me. I have tried all kinds of settings. Tried the graphtec settings for this media listed on the Siser website. Have searched this forum and tried all kinds of settings listed. Like in this thread: Graphtec CE-6000 problems cutting flock!
Have tried Josh Ellsworth's glitter settings listed in another thread because many said they worked well. I have tried playing around with the settings. + TE and overcut. - TE and overcut. I watched videos that said Strip Flock "weeds like butter". And how easy it is to work with.

I am getting nothing but crap with test cuts. Not cutting through, weeds like #%¥!

Am using a 0.9mm 45 deg blade that has only been used to cut the easy weed as described above (which worked GREAT, btw). It's an OEM blade.
Do I need to expose more blade to cut this stuff? Use a 60 deg blade? Use the 1.5 mm blade(s)? --> hope not because that will require investing in another blade holder and take time I don't have right now as my local supplier doesn't stock this size.
Other advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 15, 2017 5:06:15 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Eric
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: CE6000-60 and Siser Strip Flock

Flock & Glitter materials are thicker than EasyWeed, so if you set up the blade according the Graphtec setup video, you won't have enough blade exposed. I'd pull out the blade a little further, do a test cut, and run the job pretty slowly to get best results.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejnrby For This Useful Post:
1090gal (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago May 15, 2017 5:25:39 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Ok. Thanks for that advice. I did slow it down from the recommended 30 to 20. I lowered the blade another 3/8th of a turn and did a hand cut circle on some scrap. It seems like maybe this should fix the problem.

Old 1 Week Ago May 18, 2017 7:32:57 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Trevor O

Depending on your blade depth you may need to keep increasing the force to gain the proper result. Also check your blade holder tool to ensure that it is inserted properly. It is common for the blade holder to be inserted slightly crooked and not be flush in the Cutting head.

Old 1 Week Ago May 18, 2017 9:01:49 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: mike

Maybe try 2 passes (i do it in 1), i use a 60* blade for everything, from sticky flock, to sign vinyl, glitter, Siser E-Z weed, and flock material. I have never had a blade holder not fit in my Graphtec..

Old 1 Week Ago May 18, 2017 2:29:16 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You almost have to have a 60 degree blade for flock. If a Silhouette Cameo can cut flock then so can your Graphtec.

Old 6 Days Ago May 18, 2017 10:33:26 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Holger

I'm sorry, but I don't agree that you need a 60° blade for flock.

Today where the hotmelt is even more elastic as it was in the past a 45° blade with a depth set correctly gives much better results. I'd guess that you need to have a look on the blade holder, the blade should turn easily without having too much play. A drop of oil or some soft soap on the ball bearing in the blade holder can help.

Can you post some pictures how it looks like?

Find more details in the enclosed article.

Best regards

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 2:07:20 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holger Beck
If the actual manufacturer of one of the most popular styles of flock says you need a 60 degree, then I think they know a little more about the stuff than any of us do. They don't say they recommend or that it may be better. The actual words are "You NEED a 60-degree blade when cutting thicker materials such as flock".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2cyx63Qln8

That's less than 2 years old. The formulation has not changed since then. Even if it has flock hasn't gotten thinner. Heat transfer flock is as thick as it always has been.

Just because it can be done with a 45 degree doesn't mean that's the correct blade to use. I can cut 2x4's with a coping saw. But I like not spending an hour on one cut so I use a regular hand saw.

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 2:11:45 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holger Beck
If the actual manufacturer of one of the most popular style of flock says you need a 60 degree, then I think they know a little more about the stuff than any of us do. They don't say they recommend or that it may be better. The actual words are "You NEED a 60 degree blade when cutting thicker materials such as flock".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2cyx63Qln8

Just because it can be done with a 45 degree doesn't mean that's the correct blade to use. I can cut 2x4's with a coping saw. But I like not spending an hour on one cut so I use a regular hand saw.

Now maybe other brands are thinner and maybe the OP is using a different brand than Stahl's. If so, I stand corrected.

This is a discussion about CE6000-60 and Siser Strip Flock that was posted in the Graphtec Brand Vinyl Cutters section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.