User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

[CorelDraw] - Corel Photo Paint Help

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 17, 2017 5:40:18 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Corel Photo Paint Help

I have this jpeg image I need to clean up. It has very fine detail that will be printed white on black. In this image I've attached you'll see these blueprint "bushes". I need to thicken the outline of the white section of these bushes. Is there an easy way to do this in photo paint?

If this was a vector I would just smart fill those areas, get rid of the fill and leave an outline that I could adjust thicker. Is there a way of doing this similarly in photo paint, any ideas?

Thanks guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Murray.jpg (1.22 MB, 22 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 18, 2017 5:12:51 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default Re: Corel Photo Paint Help

In PhotoPaint, use the "color mask" or "magic wand" to mask the non-white areas. Then use "mask outline" "expand" to add a specific number of pixels around the image. Then you can fill the new area white and remove the mask.

Old 1 Week Ago May 18, 2017 12:13:54 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord
In PhotoPaint, use the "color mask" or "magic wand" to mask the non-white areas. Then use "mask outline" "expand" to add a specific number of pixels around the image. Then you can fill the new area white and remove the mask.
Thanks Neil, but that won't work with this image, the outlines of these bushes have holes, won't mask. Unless I do it all manually, which will be too much to attempt.

Old 1 Week Ago May 18, 2017 12:33:37 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I'm not seeing the holes, but maybe it's because the one I'm looking at is low res. Another technique I sometimes use for making a raster image bolder is to use a combination of blurs and the tone curve to get (at least close) to the effect I want. Depending on what it's for, I might also do some manual cleanup with a tablet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trees.jpg (672.3 KB, 5 views)

Old 6 Days Ago May 18, 2017 7:00:56 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Stone
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

It's probably possible to extract just the black from the image by looking at just the red channel. Copy that channel and use a filter like Minimize on it. This works better if it's not low resolution. The higher the resolution, the finer the increments of thickening. If it's 72ppi, then it makes a bigger jump.

You could also try using the black and white filter which will easily isolate the black from the grays. Make a copy of the art on a new layer and do that. Then you have the black isolated. Then do minimize.

This is a discussion about Corel Photo Paint Help that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.