I want to make this blank t-shirt black for mockups without losing the shading detail - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

I want to make this blank t-shirt black for mockups without losing the shading detail

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 9:20:38 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Heidi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default I want to make this blank t-shirt black for mockups without losing the shading detail

So, I was given this shirt as a template for digital mockups. How can I change it in Photoshop to suit a different color of shirt? I'm trying to make a mockup with a black shirt without using the shirt's realistic detail (shading, wrinkles, etc...). Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BlankMockupShirt.jpg (597.7 KB, 15 views)

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 10:00:31 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,722 Posts

Default Re: I want to make this blank t-shirt black for mockups without losing the shading detail

Umm, I've got better looking realistic mock ups if you want them. I think I have one I found free online that comes in all standard shirt colors. Honestly, the one you have now looks terrible.

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 10:20:40 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: I want to make this blank t-shirt black for mockups without losing the shading detail

Yikes, really? "Terrible"?? Alrighty then. Where can I get some that are better?

Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 11:23:13 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Andrew

Go media has some amazing mock ups. They cost money, but trust me its worth it. Do what you can to make selling easier!

The Following User Says Thank You to ffokazak For This Useful Post:
pacificthinktees (November 27th, 2011)
Old November 27th, 2011 Nov 27, 2011 11:52:00 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I found this site: Complete Collection of Blank T-Shirt Mockup Templates

Old November 28th, 2011 Nov 28, 2011 3:28:21 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificthinktees
I found this site: Complete Collection of Blank T-Shirt Mockup Templates
Yes, the American Apparel one is the one I was referring to.

You can also use this free online generator: ShirtMockup.com - Upload your art. Mock it up. Download your image for FREE!

Or this http://www.assault.it/2009/09/05/fre...shirt-mockups/

The Following User Says Thank You to splathead For This Useful Post:
pacificthinktees (November 28th, 2011)
Old November 28th, 2011 Nov 28, 2011 7:38:57 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Awesome, thank you!

This is a discussion about I want to make this blank t-shirt black for mockups without losing the shading detail that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.