T-Shirt Forums banner

Corel Draw X3/ Direct Drive Studio / Illustrator 10/ Roland Cut Studio

15K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  CastandBlast 
#1 ·
Hi everybody!

I finally had the time to make a sample design for my uncle's auto shop. I used X3 and got the clip art from Direct Drive Studio. (Direct Drive Studio is a plug in for X3). I saved the file as a cdr file and as an ai file. The reason why I saved it as an ai file is because Roland Cut Studio only can read jpgs, bitmaps, eps, and ai files. However, when I open up the file in Roland Cut Studio, it gives me "bad format" error. I opened another ai document that I created in Illustrator and it worked fine.

Can anybody tell me what I am missing here? X3 has an option to save the file as an AI format, which goes back to older versions. I don't understand why Cut Studio is not recognizing it.

Any tips and tricks to help me out is appreciated!

Thanks!

#5 ·
#7 ·
If you have CorelDraw and CutStudio, then you don't need to save it as an AI file.

You can get the CutStudio plugin for CorelDraw X3 and then you just click a button in CorelDraw and it automatically takes the file from corel into cutstudio and it's ready to cut.

You can see how I did it here using the same tools (no need for illustrator):
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-crossover-diary-heat-press-newbie/t10363.html

Thanks amp267, Louie, Richard and Rodney for your help!!!

Both techniques worked!

Using the import button in x3 and saving the file as a jpg file and installing the CutStudio v1.24 and plug in worked as well! It seems that the x3 plug in works faster. You install the button and "poof" it opens up Cutstudio and your art outlined!

I will post a picture of the shirt soon! I am hoping that I will have time this weekend!!!

Thanks Again!
Eddie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.