T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Ask top store owners questions about anything!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 5th, 2009 Oct 5, 2009 9:28:21 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Ask top store owners questions about anything!

Hey guys so I’ve been talking with a few friends about doing interviews and I thought it would be cool to throw it to you see what questions you want to ask. You can ask specific questions to a certain store owner or throw it up to everyone. I thought it would be really cool to hear the different perspectives from everyone.
I’m going to have
Just post your questions in a comment below.

Old October 6th, 2009 Oct 6, 2009 5:57:29 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Ask top store owners questions about anything!

Hello, i guess this question could go out to all of thses store/webstore owners. Im trying to make shirts that are on the "high-end" price range. Because it's almost winter here in Chicago im thinking about printing on long sleeve shirts to sell to boutique stores. My shirts will have heavy detail with lots of artwork going across it. But im not sure how well long sleeve shirts like that sell or if its populer enough for me to invest in. Also, if im tyring to sell a high end product to a store would it be strange to ask for $12-$15 dallors per shirt and have a minimum? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

Old October 8th, 2009 Oct 8, 2009 1:04:59 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshade
Hello, i guess this question could go out to all of thses store/webstore owners. Im trying to make shirts that are on the "high-end" price range. Because it's almost winter here in Chicago im thinking about printing on long sleeve shirts to sell to boutique stores. My shirts will have heavy detail with lots of artwork going across it. But im not sure how well long sleeve shirts like that sell or if its populer enough for me to invest in. Also, if im tyring to sell a high end product to a store would it be strange to ask for $12-$15 dallors per shirt and have a minimum? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks
I'm sure long sleeve shirts are popular in the winter and don't sell well when it heats up. $12-15 isn't too high at all but if you want smaller stores to pick you up then you shouldn't have a minimum or have a low minimum.

Anyone else got a question?

I'll try and get everything in there but I already have a bunch on my site and emailed to me so they won't all make the cut.

Old October 10th, 2009 Oct 10, 2009 11:30:58 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question jkruse.

Old October 10th, 2009 Oct 10, 2009 4:01:32 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Which marketing strategy we should be using at start up? I am pretty sure most of the ppl will say Blogging, blogging & some more blogging about your site(from other blog owners obviously). Does blog owners which are wildly populated with bunch of t-shirt websites help any to get sales? I just think most of the t-shirt blog owners or T-shirt store owners/admins visits most of the t-shirt blogs & thats # of traffic you sees it. actually, those are not your targeted market or atleast advertising budget($) should go.

-Shirtfight has 5K backlinks(according to yahoo) & still not in profit(ask Judd). In other words, if you concentrate more on t-shirt blogs(alone!) & not on some site related to your category/style, you are out of the market sooner or later. agreed?

Question to any of the Owner,
If person don't have (Large) Network behind & have few friends(to help may be?), what your most important or safe strategy would be under 10K Marketing budget. options 1) Banner Ads or Adwords 2)Good Referal program(give away high % to reach ppl) 3)Blog reviews 4)Social Networking 5)TV/Magazine(deff not at start up but whoknows?!) 6) SEO 7)Others?(which?)....

NiL

Old October 10th, 2009 Oct 10, 2009 5:29:40 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rob

I second trytobecool's question...also, I'd be interested in hearing about any tips Tim from Assault (or any of the others) have for SEO and what are new/exisitng SEO strategies that he is using for Assault?

Old October 10th, 2009 Oct 10, 2009 8:12:01 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyumbrella
I second trytobecool's question...also, I'd be interested in hearing about any tips Tim from Assault (or any of the others) have for SEO and what are new/exisitng SEO strategies that he is using for Assault?
Have you already seen his hour long video about SEO tips and such? He's a pretty smart dude when it comes to that stuff.

My question for these guys would be what they think is lacking in the indie clothing scene.

Old October 11th, 2009 Oct 11, 2009 7:06:20 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rob

Ye, I saw his video alright - he knows his stuff inside and out..was just wondering if he has any new strategies/tips now...

Old October 11th, 2009 Oct 11, 2009 8:23:31 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I just checked Assault's backlinks, bunch of comments which has good(PR) websites....I am sure he might be getting good traffic but might not convert into sales that much?

Assault - Attack of the Chainsaw Killer Jason Bunny T-Shirt!
-this product page has Flickr photos, Myspace banner(that means visitors/future customers leaves our ecommerce site-Conversion Killer.)
-9 Friend's list. I might give them credit in blog somewhere. not on my ecommerce website which sells anything(in this case, t-shirts)
-Checkout page. too many clicks before order proceed.quicker/less clicks/onepage checkout is better.
-Design looks good overall, It will get more traffic, i don't converting into sell that well. Just look homepage Top(half), not that good. i would give 9/10 to bustedtees and snorgtees for that header.

Old October 11th, 2009 Oct 11, 2009 10:04:57 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by trytobecool
I just checked Assault's backlinks, bunch of comments which has good(PR) websites....I am sure he might be getting good traffic but might not convert into sales that much?
high PR backlinks + good keyword usage on your website = sales.

No question.

Old October 11th, 2009 Oct 11, 2009 10:12:18 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeresClothing
high PR backlinks + good keyword usage on your website = sales.

No question.
Agreed with your that point but i think you took my point lil differently.

You might not be able to find any talk about assault shirts or anything related on these pages but google indexed these links as backlink b/c he has his username "Tim" hyperlinked with Assaultshirts or bloglink(in somecase). this might help (soo lil) in google but not going to convert in sales at all. Comment's Links means bunch of Highpr backlinks(Cheaply/Free) but no value.

10 things a web designer would never tell you Boagworld PR5
Top 10 Traits of a Rockstar Software Engineer PR4
The Best Equity is Sweat Equity blog maverick PR4
37 Phenomenal jQuery Plugins and Demos for Developers : Speckyboy Design Magazine PR3

you gotta check source to find their link on page even....

Old October 11th, 2009 Oct 11, 2009 1:55:18 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trytobecool
Agreed with your that point but i think you took my point lil differently.

You might not be able to find any talk about assault shirts or anything related on these pages but google indexed these links as backlink b/c he has his username "Tim" hyperlinked with Assaultshirts or bloglink(in somecase). this might help (soo lil) in google but not going to convert in sales at all. Comment's Links means bunch of Highpr backlinks(Cheaply/Free) but no value.

10 things a web designer would never tell you Boagworld PR5
Top 10 Traits of a Rockstar Software Engineer PR4
The Best Equity is Sweat Equity blog maverick PR4
37 Phenomenal jQuery Plugins and Demos for Developers : Speckyboy Design Magazine PR3

you gotta check source to find their link on page even....
Who cares. You write comments with your link in the message, everyone does it.

He built assault blog which has over 1000 rss readers. He has been on a lot of those blogs to follow lists. That's awesome PR.

I guess I'm just not getting where your coming from. Why are you trying to discredit his site when he has done nothing but try and help other people out producing articles and videos about SEO.

Old October 13th, 2009 Oct 13, 2009 2:06:25 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

I'm going to put everything together this weekend so keep the questions coming.

Old October 13th, 2009 Oct 13, 2009 2:24:56 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

- Which site/blog really helped them best during their journey? (I know most of the owners will through their balls here and their. lets see how many give def answers).

- Which (targeted/Group of) ppl they actually target most? ...School, College, Job, Older(keep options lower, to get better answers?)

->Like i said before, traffic is everything(Even higher then PR) in online world & if any of those owners' traffic passes 15K/day or 30K/day hits(500 to 1K/day) at Compete | Compete , then only we should really care much. else, they themselves need some guru instead of giving others' advice.

NiL

Old October 15th, 2009 Oct 15, 2009 12:47:05 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

How about for those that do the design work/illustration a simple run-down on what they use and how each tool contributes to their work.

This is a discussion about Ask top store owners questions about anything! that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.