T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Almost ready for a soft launch....

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 31st, 2011 Aug 31, 2011 2:37:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: S DOT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Almost ready for a soft launch....

Firstly, I want to say thank you to everyone here for their personal inputs about our culture. I have researched for quite some time and t-shirt forums alone has helped me to answer many questions as a novice. I truly owe it to you guys for getting me started.

With that said, I have all my designs and should be going into production within the next month. I have decided to have a soft launch which will at least give me time to get the website up, t shirts prepped and people informed. I am also using this time to run mini campaigns to get people familiar with the brand and what we have to offer. I guess my question is aimed at those that took the step from a soft launch - official launch- to an up and running clothing company.

How did you transition? What did you accomplish and how did you promote your brand?

If you take a look at my website you can see that I am trying to tell my story first. I think that is the most important thing for me to connect with people. But I am a little worried that when people come to the website and see that the 'shop is currently being designed' they can get the wrong picture.

How do you feel?

Thanks

Striz.

Old August 31st, 2011 Aug 31, 2011 10:00:50 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ward

Default Re: Almost ready for a soft launch....

Hi Striz, we are at a similar stage. We have the first version of our website up and running but are in the process of launching a new site that has better e-commerce.

One thing to do is spend time with your customers and get them involved. Part of our business model is to allow people to decorate interchangeable skins for messenger bags. To show people how this works, we are working with a local art gallery and allowing the artists to decorate the skins at the gallery. We also attend art walks in the city to get to know the community.

Large launches work if you already have a following or if you have a large budget. Focus on building a group of people who are interested in your designs and deepen your relationship with them. The sales will follow eventually.

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 10:37:19 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: S DOT

thanks for the reply...

Yeah I understand what you are doing. I am actually working with a local artist as well for my packaging. Unique custom for each customer. But I am working on getting a local skate team going, basketball tourneys and things of that nature. I am however going to dive full force into the community, local and national for my "Whats Preferred Classics To You" campaign. This will give me a chance to speak to people on a personal level about the brand and also get their feedback. Regardless, i have always said that at the end of the day its not about the product, its about the experience and inspiration. If I can inspire others to create then that makes my day.

Thanks for your input? can I see your website?

Striz

Old September 1st, 2011 Sep 1, 2011 11:52:15 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreClassics
thanks for the reply...

Yeah I understand what you are doing. I am actually working with a local artist as well for my packaging. Unique custom for each customer. But I am working on getting a local skate team going, basketball tourneys and things of that nature. I am however going to dive full force into the community, local and national for my "Whats Preferred Classics To You" campaign. This will give me a chance to speak to people on a personal level about the brand and also get their feedback. Regardless, i have always said that at the end of the day its not about the product, its about the experience and inspiration. If I can inspire others to create then that makes my day.

Thanks for your input? can I see your website?

Striz
Our website is the same as our user name. We make interchangeable skins for messenger bags out of old t-shirts. People can hand decorate their own skins or screen print on blank skins.

As you said, I like the idea of working with the community. The trick is finding the influential people. Look for people who organize events. They are really well connected and can tell you who the hot artists are.

Last edited by evozip; September 1st, 2011 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: not following guidlines

Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 10:23:28 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Austin

How do you make interchangable skins for messenger bags?
Plus, where can you get messenger bags printed?

Old September 3rd, 2011 Sep 3, 2011 3:25:40 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishredbanez
How do you make interchangable skins for messenger bags?
Plus, where can you get messenger bags printed?
Hi Austin, you can get messenger bags imprinted at Cafe Press, look under Accessories, / bags and totes. A better place to get imprinted messenger bags is 4imprint. They have great customer service. If you find a design that you like, they will send you a free sample. Also they have sliding scale depending on qty ordered.

We make our interchangeable skins by taking old t-shirts from thrift stores and sewing them onto a canvas backing and adding grommets in the corners. We have developed a unique mechanism to attach the skins to the bag. Coty Gonzales just did a great review that you can read

Co-Tee TV Episode 87: Good Thoughts, EvoZip and Lamb Chops | Coty Gonzales | T-Shirt Reviews, Interviews and Coupon Codes

On the video go to around 4:15 to hear about the bags and skins.

This is a discussion about Almost ready for a soft launch.... that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.