User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products

Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.

Anvil 980 - Falling apart, substitute with similar shape?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 12, 2017 5:05:43 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anvil 980 - Falling apart, substitute with similar shape?

I bought several Anvil 980s in size medium from blankapparel.com for personal use. Many of them fell apart in the first wash with bad stitching at the hem or in the armpits. I don't know if that site sells seconds or defects but I am pretty dissatisfied. Since they were washed and I had removed the tags there is likely nothing I can do about it, but they were only ~$3 shirts so you get what you pay for I guess.

I really like the shape of the 980 as it fits me well. I am a male, thin, 160 lb and 5'8 with 31 waist and most tshirts are too baggy around the waist or too tight in the upper body.

What brand and model number would you recommend as a substitute for the 980 that has a similar shape and sizing but much better durability?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 16, 2017 2:29:55 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Kat
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anvil 980 - Falling apart, substitute with similar shape?

I'm NEW...very new....but I have had luck with Gildan 64000 and 64V00 Softstyle tees (round and v neck respectively). They feel great on (or at least that's what my feedback has been) and I can say that they are slightly tighter around the arm and bottom hem....so they aren't so big and baggy. Feedback has been from everyone from a slender teen, young adult, 45-ish male and up to a 78 year old. HTHs!

This is a discussion about Anvil 980 - Falling apart, substitute with similar shape? that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.