User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.
Belquette

Conveyor Dryer

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Jun 18, 2017 7:57:18 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Conveyor Dryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchmonster
Large DTG operations use conveyor, not sure why the equipment brokers push heat press when the results are a lot less efficient

video of a 150 machine shop here. all conveyor dryers.
You need a certain amount of output before it makes sense to switch over to Conveyor dryers. So for small operators with 1-2 machines, heat press is still the most viable solution. We converted at the 3 machine mark.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago Jun 19, 2017 8:03:58 AM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

i would disagree because of pre-treat. we can pre-treat 100 shirts per hour instead of 45 with the conveyor, and run the DTG machine at the same time, which you can't do with the heat press only. so in one hour the operator has printed 20 shirts, pretreated 100, vs pretreat 45 shirts or print 20 previously. so even 1 machine you have doubled efficiency with the conveyor.

Old 1 Week Ago Jun 19, 2017 8:23:33 AM -   #18 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Geno

The Epson User Guide states that when using a "tunnel dryer" to cure DTG printed tees the time that it needs to stay in the tunnel is 3 to 5 minutes. I think that is hogwash but that is what it says.

Old 1 Week Ago Jun 19, 2017 8:25:16 AM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

to that point, we don't send white tees down the plastisol conveyor dryer because they scorch before you can get a cure

Old 1 Week Ago Jun 19, 2017 9:24:24 AM -   #20 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Geno

I would use my tunnel dryer on occasions but since I am a screen printer and a DTG printer I have them in separate areas and carrying wet tees back in forth is just not feasible for me and the risk of bumping a wet printed garment into something along the way is too great. Especially with hired help

I would think that it should also be pointed out that any conveyor belt dryer will need to be vented. If not you'll be spewing heat and possibly t-shirt fibers and contaminants into the room. I am pretty sure that even the Digi-Box style DTG dryers have to be vented this way too so unless you are willing to cut a hole in the roof and run a vent pipe that might be a tough decision for a DTG printer.

I will say that a heat press will heat up a room over time too. At least the Digi-Box is instant on/off.

Cost might be a factor too...

Good heat press approx. $1,200 to $1,500.

Digi-Box Dryer (and I would guess other DTG dryers) approx. $4,000.

Conventional Screen print Dryer $8,000 and up.

Just pointing out the facts. I have nothing against belt dryers at all.

Last edited by gatorGRAFIX; 1 Week Ago at 09:35 AM..

This is a discussion about Conveyor Dryer that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.