is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2008 Jul 11, 2008 10:46:26 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Barb
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Red face is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it?

Is there a program or software that I can use on my web site for a customer to be able to designs a shirt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 11th, 2008 Jul 11, 2008 11:49:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,222 Posts

Default Re: is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it?

There are several software packages like that. Some that you can install on your site, and some that are already hosted and ready to use.

ExpertLogo.com
ShirtSoftware.com
Pikiware.com
RSKTech.com
harboarts.com

Those are the ones that seem to be the most well known.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
trytobecool (December 21st, 2010)
Old July 11th, 2008 Jul 11, 2008 11:57:16 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Barb

Wink Re: is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it?

Thank You I will check them out.
Barb

Old July 11th, 2008 Jul 11, 2008 6:13:16 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: TDP

Default Re: is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it?

I"ve been looking for the same thing for a week now, and this one seems pretty cool thus far... Pikiware.com

Old July 11th, 2008 Jul 11, 2008 7:02:23 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
and some that are already hosted and ready to use
Could you give examples of the hosted and ready to use sites

Old July 11th, 2008 Jul 11, 2008 8:29:05 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dan

I use PIKIwear at it has worked great so far.

Old July 14th, 2008 Jul 14, 2008 11:12:12 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: TDP

Piki wear is confusing me... Do you print the items or do they? Who gets the money? do they get a percent of it?

Old July 14th, 2008 Jul 14, 2008 1:19:02 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Doug

Hey Dan,

I check out one of the sites and I like it, I wanted to know did you upload the clip art or could I upload some for guest to see.

Do you pay monthly for pikiware or one time up front amount?

Thanks again

Old July 14th, 2008 Jul 14, 2008 2:06:06 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: ROQ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdprout
Piki wear is confusing me... Do you print the items or do they? Who gets the money? do they get a percent of it?
I have same question,if i buy the the software or pay monthly do i print the order or they will print and ship like cafepress?

Old July 14th, 2008 Jul 14, 2008 2:19:58 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Thanked 5,984 Times in 3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbwjratwork
Could you give examples of the hosted and ready to use sites
They are listed in my post above

Quote:
Their website is a bit confusing. YOU do the printing, they just host the software and you pay a monthly fee.

More info and clarification from the pikiware folks themselves are in this thread: Has anyone used pikiware yet?

Quote:
I have same question,if i buy the the software or pay monthly do i print the order or they will print and ship like cafepress
That's also part of the confusing part An optional part of their software also allows YOU to be a "cafepress" type site (in that you can offer YOUR customers stores that collect sales on uploaded designs that YOU print and fulfill)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
MYDAMIT (July 14th, 2008), tdprout (July 14th, 2008)
Old July 14th, 2008 Jul 14, 2008 3:51:55 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dan

We pay monthly fee + plus a % of sales. Yes you can upload your own designs and clipart.

Last edited by Rodney; July 15th, 2008 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: typo

Old August 2nd, 2008 Aug 2, 2008 4:23:38 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Matt

Is there any software that I can buy and own? I have enough monthly fees right now and really dont wish to add to them. Would rather pay a grand and own it then be stuck paying for the life of my company which could be a bunch more.

Old August 2nd, 2008 Aug 2, 2008 4:38:58 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: bob

matto,

do you really think someone is going to spend time and effort to bring a online tee shirt designer and sell it for $1,000.00. Look at rsk it is over $2,000 per year to lease it. But they give you a site a web cart the whole 9 yards.

There was on place i cant remember on the web that had something for $600.00, you might as well have used crayola crayons to draw the art. Less then very basic.

Just remember you will always only pay for what you get. Please come into the 21 st century it aint gonna happen.

Bob

Old August 3rd, 2008 Aug 3, 2008 6:20:54 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Matt

Hmm let me think about that. I run software for artwork that is probably 100 times more powerfull than a little markup for a shopping cart. I can puchase and own it. I do believe it will eventually show up.

For now I will use the cart that is offered by which ever host I choose to put my site on. I dont need someone to design my site I can do that myself(xhtml/css). yeah its a pain but hey new skills are valuable.
When I finish my site and it goes live, if it can prove it is worth 2000k a year I would do the RSK but not right out of the gate. This is still a hobby for me, just happens to pay for itself.

I do imagine my friend(BOB) that if there were such a program available for sale that was worth owning you would be in line with a bunch of others......right behind me in the 21st century.
Good day!

Old August 4th, 2008 Aug 4, 2008 4:17:34 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: bob

Matto,

You may be correct, but for what the pikiware does for you-- best on line tee designer-if you tried it you would say holy@$%%^crap. there is none out there that has so many features. the back office is wonderful and the platform that the software is developed on is much better than rsk. Yes rsk clones all there sites pikiware will let you do wonders with the site if you have some knowledge as you profess to have. Before you make bold statements you should have sufficient info to back it up - have you even looked at pikiware. Hmmmm or maybe you will end up in the 18th century with crayons.

Bob

This is a discussion about is there software that will allow my customers to design a t-shirt on my site so I can print it? that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.