User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

Clarity on DecoNetwork and Inksoft...Please!

View Poll Results: DecoNetwork Vs Inksoft
DecoNetwork 2 100.00%
InkSoft 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 8:57:06 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Daniel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Clarity on DecoNetwork and Inksoft...Please!

I'm a little lost on the exact function of deconetwork and inksoft; Are they stand alone web platforms with "everything you could possibly need", or are they meant to supplement your existing website(s)?

Are they compatible with something like Hubspot (or wix, though I would never use wix)??

I guess what I'm confused on is whether, or not, these platforms (inksoft/deconet/etc) are meant to be a full-service web solution, or if they are typically used as a link on your existing website...

Thanks for looking....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 9:40:59 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Debbie

Default Re: Clarity on DecoNetwork and Inksoft...Please!

Both Deconetwork and Inksoft can be stand alone all in one solutions OR as an add on to your website. Deconetwork doesn't charge a set up fee, inksoft does. I switched to Deconetwork (from a stand alone) about 2 months ago. Not terribly thrilled with it. Feel free to check it out and play around....it's the first link in my signature.

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 10:19:22 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fltees
Both Deconetwork and Inksoft can be stand alone all in one solutions OR as an add on to your website. Deconetwork doesn't charge a set up fee, inksoft does. I switched to Deconetwork (from a stand alone) about 2 months ago. Not terribly thrilled with it. Feel free to check it out and play around....it's the first link in my signature.
What is it that you don't like? I'm about to sign up for Deconetwork so I'm very curious to hear what your issues are with. Also, did you come from Inksoft or another platform?
Sublyminal likes this.

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 10:20:34 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Interesting. I noticed some of your links end with .co, and some with the actual url of your site followed by .com. Is this because of the different domains associated with your site and cart options within DecoNetwork? What is it about DecoNetwork that's turning you off? Is it the pricing, the user interface, or something else?

Which stand-alone platform did you use before, and are you considering switching back?

I'm thinking about using HubSpot, and then trying to tie in InkSoft or DecoNetwork, but I have ZERO experience; thus the reason for reaching out. I feel like there is more versatility with something like hubspot (or wordpress), but I'm worried the interface would be too convoluted for the customer.

I appreciate your time and opinion on this!

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 10:40:50 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Debbie

The reason for the .co and .com is because I have a blog attached to my deconetwork site. I came from BigCommerce. I'm disappointed in the lack of flexibility. The site itself is not google friendly as many of the links just add numbers and symbols and you do not have control over that. You can not submit to google shopping. I offer other products besides shirts and it's very difficult to add anything else to the site. Support is quick and responsive, so I do give them that. The back end is great if you are a screen printer, but not so great if you are a print on demand. Too many screens to go through and too many steps to go through to actually get an order marked shipped. Not one customer has used the designer as it is confusing and clunky. I added the blog to try to get higher rankings and if necessary something to fall back on if I decide to scrap deco.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fltees For This Useful Post:
offcenter (September 1st, 2014), Sublyminal (September 1st, 2014)
Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 10:58:40 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
The reason for the .co and .com is because I have a blog attached to my deconetwork site. I came from BigCommerce. I'm disappointed in the lack of flexibility. The site itself is not google friendly as many of the links just add numbers and symbols and you do not have control over that. You can not submit to google shopping. I offer other products besides shirts and it's very difficult to add anything else to the site. Support is quick and responsive, so I do give them that. The back end is great if you are a screen printer, but not so great if you are a print on demand. Too many screens to go through and too many steps to go through to actually get an order marked shipped. Not one customer has used the designer as it is confusing and clunky. I added the blog to try to get higher rankings and if necessary something to fall back on if I decide to scrap deco.
Sounds to me like you have personalization and SEO issues with DecoNetwork; both can be resolved with Wordpress or Hubspot. Or maybe even adding in Shopify in some way or another to help with your specific issue(s)...?

This brings me back to my original dilemma; whether, or not, DecoNetwork and/or Inksoft are flexible enough to integrate with an external inbound marking platform or site builder.

In your opinion, would it be efficient to link the DecoNetwork shopping interface and cart to a wordpress (or hubspot) site? How about an external blog linking in the same way (like you're already doing)?

I guess my biggest concern is two fold:
1) Will the consumer have to jump through too many hoops linking from my personally built website to DecoNetwork (or Inksoft)?
2) Is their custom designer software (for the customer) accessible, and efficient, via linking (for the customer)?

Also, if you don't like DecoNetwork for print-on-demand, what (if anything) have you considered replacing it with?

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 12:33:52 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Sponsor
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Myra

We took a look at Hubspot and decided against them. Here's why: All-In-One Internet Marketing and Hosting with Hubspot? No.

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 1:49:16 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BidsMaven
We took a look at Hubspot and decided against them. Here's why: All-In-One Internet Marketing and Hosting with Hubspot? No.
Good read.. Kinda scary to be honest

May I ask what you're currently using and your opinion thereof? Do you have an opinion on the best overall set up and program(s)/software(s) to address the following...?:

1) The best platform to build my site (currently entertaining wordpress and Hubspot<<<<maybe not Hubspot so much anymore) (Refuse to use Wix)...
2) A designer software that is consumer friendly.
3) A shopping cart/ecommerce solution that can be tied in seamlessly.

I feel like DecoNetwork and Inksoft have too many limits to address all three categories on a stand-alone basis...especially from an SEO and versatility perspective; but combining them with another platform in an efficient way is my concern. Thoughts?

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 4:01:10 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Brenden
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Hi Fltees,

Hope you don't mind me chiming in on here I'd like to get some more info from you on a couple of points you've made.

First the too many steps: At minimum it should only be two steps you need to ship an order:

1. Mark production as complete
2. Mark as shipped.

Could you possible have PO enabled in which case it is asking you to generate a PO? If you don't use POs you can turn this off by changing the Purchase Order workflow settings. See this help topic for details Purchase Order Settings overview

SEO ranking is a topic I'd love to discuss with you in detail also. Perhaps you can PM me your email to discuss?

SEO can be a tricky topic as it is totally site dependent. But I can confirm many DN websites rank very well so its more down to how you configure the platform.

I'm in Australia so my search results would be a little different but if I search for "custom t shirt" which is very generic then three DecoNetwork websites appear on the first page:

The T-shirt Mill in position 1
The Print Locker in position 2
Teejunction in position 6

My search link: https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...om%20t%20shirt

I hope this gives you some insight into what's possible. We can recommend a very affordable SEO firm who has worked with quite a few DN website and has them ranking in position 1 for many of their targeted keywords. They know DecoNetwork very well and configure each of your pages to ensure the URL, page title, meta content and page content are all configured to help you rank higher. Let me know if you are interested in their details.

Or let me know if you want to have any other questions or points answered.

Thanks for you time!
Brenden

Last edited by brenden; September 1st, 2014 at 04:10 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to brenden For This Useful Post:
stevemib (September 2nd, 2014)
Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 4:12:12 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi again,

You can read over our API integration document at Integration and APIs. This might answer some questions about integration with other platforms.

The Following User Says Thank You to brenden For This Useful Post:
stevemib (September 2nd, 2014)
Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 5:12:40 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenden
Hi again,

You can read over our API integration document at Integration and APIs. This might answer some questions about integration with other platforms.
Hi Brenden,

So I've browsed the link you provided, and it seems that the process for integrating DecoNetwork with existing websites is not very intuitive. Do you have any clients that are currently doing this? If so, would you mind sharing their website link(s) so I can browse around as a customer? I'd like to see what the user experience is like from the consumer side of things...

Thanks!

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 5:22:48 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hi,

The API documents are intended for developers. Though some people have built their own plugin's for mainstream platforms like Magento.

See this example in our forums: DecoNetwork forums :: Topic: Our new website, built with external cart integration (1/2)

A DecoNetwork site owner built a Magento integration using our API and I believe makes this plugin available to others.

Their site is EGOsketch - Customize a Sleeve or Case for your tablet and smartphone

Cheers,
Brenden

Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 7:27:11 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Sponsor
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Myra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublyminal
Good read.. Kinda scary to be honest

May I ask what you're currently using and your opinion thereof? Do you have an opinion on the best overall set up and program(s)/software(s) to address the following...?:

1) The best platform to build my site (currently entertaining wordpress and Hubspot<<<<maybe not Hubspot so much anymore) (Refuse to use Wix)...
2) A designer software that is consumer friendly.
3) A shopping cart/ecommerce solution that can be tied in seamlessly.

I feel like DecoNetwork and Inksoft have too many limits to address all three categories on a stand-alone basis...especially from an SEO and versatility perspective; but combining them with another platform in an efficient way is my concern. Thoughts?
We use WordPress with a Woo Theme (Appply) and Woo Commerce for our Cart. This has worked well for us, but we're a software company. I suggest you check with other folks regarding your best options for a designer software and eCommerce solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to BidsMaven For This Useful Post:
Sublyminal (September 1st, 2014)
Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 8:04:15 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BidsMaven
We use WordPress with a Woo Theme (Appply) and Woo Commerce for our Cart. This has worked well for us, but we're a software company. I suggest you check with other folks regarding your best options for a designer software and eCommerce solution.
I've built a lot of Wordpress sites so I've searched around for as many options to have a shirt designer and ecommerce and stay on Wordpress. Here are two "plugins" for a designer that integrate with woocommerce on wordpress:

Fancy Product Designer
WooCommerce Plugin | Fancy Product Designer

Woodesigner by Print Commerce
WOODesigner HTML5: Woocommerce Product Configurator/Designer Plugin | PrintCommerce

Fancy Product Designer is only $40.00 for 1 license. Woodesigner I'm not sure as they have not returned my email asking for pricing info.

A few things have me leaning toward Deconetwork though:

1. They appear to have the most involved backend. I'm hoping to streamline my entire business by having quotes, PO's, and even submit blank garment orders from it.

2. The clip art that's instantly available on DN is huge. I don't see an online designer being really useful without graphics available in it. Yes I will probably upload my own designs and create some in the designer for customers to personalize or change, but who knows how long it will take to build up a decent amount of them. I also want to avoid people uploading some crappy image the found on google and expect that we be able to print it.

3. Affiliate stores. I have a feeling that in my market the ability to offer affiliate stores is going to bring me a lot of business. The possibilities are almost endless for groups, businesses etc. to market these to.

4. Price. Inksoft would be a contender if the initial cost wasn't so much. I just can't justify it when there's new equipment to buy and my physical storefront to improve too.

I've been exhausting every option I can for the last couple of months for which platform which designer etc. and I keep coming back to Deconetwork. I am a bit concerned with SEO and creating a unique site, but I figure I'll jump in and see what I can do and if in 6 months or a year I don't think it's working right I'll see about integrating into a different platform. By then I should have a much better understanding of how deco works and what's possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to offcenter For This Useful Post:
jessica873 (May 23rd, 2015), stevemib (September 2nd, 2014), Sublyminal (September 1st, 2014)
Old September 1st, 2014 Sep 1, 2014 8:23:25 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dan

We have been using DN for about 4 years. It has worked well for us and is continually improving. We are running about 300 customer affiliate stores. We did not integrate it with our website other that creating a link that opens another window so the SEO is primarily driven by our website. We are a print on demand store and have found DN to be very efficient for our business. We only use it to process online orders not our retail store orders.
IMPAPP likes this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bakedts For This Useful Post:
brenden (September 1st, 2014), offcenter (September 1st, 2014), ParkAvenue (January 12th, 2016), stevemib (September 2nd, 2014)

This is a discussion about Clarity on DecoNetwork and Inksoft...Please! that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.