User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Ecommerce Site Design

Ecommerce Category Sponsor

Discuss website design for ecommerce sites, useability, navigation and other development considerations. To get feedback on your t-shirt design(s) or website, please post a request in our Site Reviews and Design Reviews section here.

Has anyon ever used miiduu?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2011 Apr 14, 2011 7:37:32 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Wayne
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Has anyon ever used miiduu?

I found a website called miiduu.com that I might use until I am finishing building my own site. It seems simple, they claim to be free. I already did a search but I couldn't find any information on them.

Has anyone ever tried using them before and if you did, is there a catch?

Old April 15th, 2011 Apr 15, 2011 11:03:59 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Has anyon ever used miiduu?

Have you read all their terms and conditions? A lot is there.
Although they say free but with free account, you don't use your own domain. The samples look good though so might be good to try. Let us know if you already tried it.

Old April 15th, 2011 Apr 15, 2011 9:40:55 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: frange

Looks legit to me, if you still have doubt you can use Bigcartel, they do have free shop also.

Old April 16th, 2011 Apr 16, 2011 10:02:02 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Wayne

I read the terms. I signed up and did a test store. Seems easy and straight forward. I wont post the link to my store but you would like to see it I can message the link to you.

Old April 18th, 2011 Apr 18, 2011 3:05:26 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I would like to see it if it is ok with you. I am looking for a good ecommerce site too so this will be helpful for me.

Old July 16th, 2011 Jul 16, 2011 6:22:07 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventureout
I found a website called miiduu.com that I might use until I am finishing building my own site. It seems simple, they claim to be free. I already did a search but I couldn't find any information on them.

Has anyone ever tried using them before and if you did, is there a catch?
The catch is the program doesnt work very well. It has a lot of bugs and problems. Whats worst is the customer service is very very slow at best. Two days seems to be the average turn around time i get from them.

Also you have to upgrade to do about anything on the cart. Like take credit cards or use UPS shipping. So the FREE Cart is worthless.

Check out their facebook review site is load we customers like me complaining.

Old October 9th, 2011 Oct 9, 2011 10:45:06 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

I setup a 'free' site for my son to use on miiduu to sell popcorn for his cub scout troop to friends and relatives that were not within visiting distance. It worked for exactly 1 day. After that, I got an error whenever visiting the page that the site had reached it's daily visit limit.

According to my analytics presented to me BY MIIDUU on my admin control page, I had had no more than 1-2 visits a day - then suddenly, 100+ visits on one day.

I contacted support and was told I needed to clear my browser cookies - something I hadn't had to do for ANY site for more than a year. I was frustrated, but I did it anyway to no avail. More so, was I going to have to tell everyone who visited that they would have to do this too?

I sent a note back to them complaining about the non-working fix to the problem and questioning them about the technical reasoning for this solution.

Their response:
Hi David,

Currently no other users has complained about the same issue. If you want to get rid of this problem, you may choose to upgrade your store, which can also bring you more profit. Please see our plans here: Miiduu Pricing - Free Online Store, shopping cart, eCommerce web store

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Have a great day,

Yvonne
MiiDuu.com Team
MiiDuu.com (@miiduu) on Twitter
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
So their solution to a non-working site for me was to pay money to upgrade the site. Pay money to make something work that doesn't work and gets THIS kind of a "customer service" response.

No thank you.

Old October 11th, 2011 Oct 11, 2011 2:28:56 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Alan

I thought I found a brand new FREE shopping cart. I was like "YEA!" but when I looked at it closer in the demo screen it is just OPEN CART which is OPEN SOURCE.

So all they are doing is giving you hosting for products. Sounds like some of you already experienced the bad customer service for this. I too am going back and forth between different e-commerce sites to setup. I have one running now using Open Cart but I like to make this better and more "professional" looking. But that costs more money. Like 3Dcart - and they want to charge for transactions!

Old October 30th, 2012 Oct 30, 2012 7:03:19 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

I have. They make it very easy to sign up and impossible to cancel an account. They will be dipping into your account until you close your paypal account and create a new one. There are a lot of on-line store systems on the net. DO NOT use Miiduu!

Old December 1st, 2013 Dec 1, 2013 10:59:37 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiduuSucks
I have. They make it very easy to sign up and impossible to cancel an account. They will be dipping into your account until you close your paypal account and create a new one. There are a lot of on-line store systems on the net. DO NOT use Miiduu!
This cart is total GARBAGE

There are more problems with Miiduu that just the URL. Here are some of the problems I have personally had with them.

1) Their customer service is just plain awful. Expect 24 to 48 delay in response time and then dont expect your questions to be answered directly.
2) No phone # or chat to talk to someone directly.
3) Over charged and multiple billings. They will constantly double bill and ignore you when you try to get a refund.
4) The facebook module doesnt work well and doesnt format well in facebook.
5) Very little flexibility in the cart.
6) Coupon codes seem to give customers a lot of problems. Codes often dont work and you have to delete and redo them. This pisses customers off.

we were with them for about 2 years and have to give up because they really dont give a crap about their customers. Its just about them getting their monthly payments. anything else their suport sucks and will give you the run around.

Old March 26th, 2014 Mar 26, 2014 9:45:04 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Yes. But before signing up and paying them a dime, just a fair warning-- Miiduu will rip you off!! Miiduu is a total scam. I signed up with a paid plan ($79.95/year) about 1.5 years ago. The user experience is not only horrible, but there is little customization to the website, outdated themes and features, and the Miiduu platform (based on OpenCart) is flat out un-user friendly. I literally cannot count the number of times I have had a major issue with the cart (PayPal not working, website randomly shut down, posting images not working, Miiduu's servers down, etc.), and all of them have been at random. Beyond that, Miiduu's customer service is plainly unprofessional and unhelpful. Their Email response is quite slow, and if you want to call them, you need to sign up for their super-expensive "Enterprise" plan. In essence, the basic plan doesn't offer much, and any time you contact customer service, their excuses are upgrading to a higher plan. In 1.5 years with them, I have also witnessed Miiduu remove features (i.e. coupons)! And Miiduu customer service, again, gives a terrible excuse. After 1.5 years of being a customer, I decided to switch to a bigger, more-reliable, and "real" Ecommerce platform (like Shopify)... I had Emailed Miiduu after they sneakingly automatically renewed my subscription for a whole year, and requested a refund. They were reluctant and once again made up more excuses, and refused to refund my money. To cancel my subscription, they wanted me to close my store, and they will run off with my money, as I have no Ecommerce service. What's more, Miiduu has also increased their rates a few months ago, for the same horrible service! (Oh, and they don't offer a free plan anymore!)

In short, Miiduu's service is a flat-out scam. Their service is terrible and their customer service is unprofessional. I recommend switching to a Weebly Pro/Business store, which I now use and is exponentially better, easier, more customizable, and costs roughly the same. I can't stand Miiduu, and neither should you.

Old May 13th, 2014 May 13, 2014 12:24:28 PM -   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member

I have opened a $20 store with miidu on March 4th,so far i agree the customer service is poor,but does have a live chat feature now.As to being flat,I find it very easy to use, have a look and see if my site looks good "Our Company prides itself on capturing special moments that will be kept forever."
I have used my own domain which i host at crazydomain.com
touch wood sales work and paypal basket works
As to credit card i have added stripe,com to handle all my credit cards

Old August 30th, 2014 Aug 30, 2014 2:44:03 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: C

I personally liked shopify and bigcommerce. They are relatively cheap too and easy to use.

Old August 30th, 2014 Aug 30, 2014 5:58:16 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Marz

Try www.prestashop.com instead.

Old November 10th, 2014 Nov 10, 2014 6:45:10 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member

Miiduu is a total waste of time. Currently i've signed up with this new system called http://www.smoolis.com. It has a free trial and so far it looks promising. It looks very simple with great free themes and has also multilingual ability! I can have my store in Greek now. How cool is that?

Last edited by MariaMax; November 10th, 2014 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: it showed wrong my text

This is a discussion about Has anyon ever used miiduu? that was posted in the Ecommerce Site Design section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.