User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Dye Sublimation

Dye Sublimation Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of dye sublimation printing: printer selection, press time, durability, new technologies, etc.

Pizza Wheels from epson Artisan 1430 make me crazy

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mgparrish

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago May 15, 2017 7:13:44 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Pizza Wheels from epson Artisan 1430 make me crazy

Hello I am trying to find a solution for the problem I have with my Epson Artisan 1430 working with a CISS for sublimation

I have Inkxpro Sublimation Inks and also i live in a very humid place, almost 85% of humidity and very hot, sea level, aka Panamá

The prints at first came out with the famous Pizza Wheels, and with a lot of settings I could solve, but suddenly the problem happend again whitout making any change on setting, maybe just the weather...

So my prints wont came out fine, and I'm trying to figure it out how to solve the issue. (The wheel stars marks all the paper even if I clean it before and after every print).

I try a lot of things, I remove the wheels but the problem went worse, so I put the wheels again. Try with the option of thicker paper ON, High speed On and Off (Think this one is better), Try the cleannig head, to prime the inks, try the blower when printting, try to heat the paper after printting

And the only thing I'm almost sure is the inks doesn't dry enough before the paper passes through the wheels to avoid the wheels getting inked.

I dont want to change the inks yet, but is the last resource.

So please if you can help me with your advise or tell me a better paper to print that kind of inks, or another sugestion. Or if you think maybe the weather is the cause of my problems and what can i do for that. Every comment are welcome.

Thanks Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago May 16, 2017 6:18:44 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Pizza Wheels from epson Artisan 1430 make me crazy

Invest in a dehumidifier, to start with. Then turn Off high speed printing, if needed.

Old 1 Week Ago May 16, 2017 8:16:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mike
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanked 1,100 Times in 940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol1980
Hello I am trying to find a solution for the problem I have with my Epson Artisan 1430 working with a CISS for sublimation

I have Inkxpro Sublimation Inks and also i live in a very humid place, almost 85% of humidity and very hot, sea level, aka Panamá

The prints at first came out with the famous Pizza Wheels, and with a lot of settings I could solve, but suddenly the problem happend again whitout making any change on setting, maybe just the weather...

So my prints wont came out fine, and I'm trying to figure it out how to solve the issue. (The wheel stars marks all the paper even if I clean it before and after every print).

I try a lot of things, I remove the wheels but the problem went worse, so I put the wheels again. Try with the option of thicker paper ON, High speed On and Off (Think this one is better), Try the cleannig head, to prime the inks, try the blower when printting, try to heat the paper after printting

And the only thing I'm almost sure is the inks doesn't dry enough before the paper passes through the wheels to avoid the wheels getting inked.

I dont want to change the inks yet, but is the last resource.

So please if you can help me with your advise or tell me a better paper to print that kind of inks, or another sugestion. Or if you think maybe the weather is the cause of my problems and what can i do for that. Every comment are welcome.

Thanks Thanks
The thicker paper option is a no no, it will lay down more ink which is contributing to your problem. Try using Plain paper/inkjet paper. Thicker papers are able to absorb more ink, and the printer is happy to allow that if you set that way.

You do want to to slow the printer, turn off high speed printing and if you print at a higher quality (higher resolution) then that will also slow down the paper printing.

Old 1 Week Ago May 16, 2017 9:02:35 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: mike

What exactly is the proper paper setting for the epson 1430?

Old 1 Week Ago May 16, 2017 10:01:49 AM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfatty500
What exactly is the proper paper setting for the epson 1430?
Generally speaking It will depend on the setting that was used to create the profile.

I only use Premium Presentation Matte Paper or the Plain paper/inkjet paper settings.

Premium Presentation Matte Paper will definitely lay down more ink though. So if you are having a pizza wheel problem it might not be usable.
mfatty500 likes this.

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 4:26:06 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

What is the 'pizza wheel'?

Old 6 Days Ago May 19, 2017 6:09:31 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris109
What is the 'pizza wheel'?
There are rollers that grab the paper as it passes thru the printer. If there is any ink on the rollers, from the ink on the paper that didn't dry yet, it will show the ink marks on the paper.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgparrish For This Useful Post:
Chris109 (6 Days Ago)
Old 18 Hours Ago May 24, 2017 11:03:53 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Tropics here as well.

I run 2 dehumidifiers when I am printing. I like he humidity to be around 35%. You don't have to worry about inks drying out and clogging print heads if you are printing regularly,

This is a discussion about Pizza Wheels from epson Artisan 1430 make me crazy that was posted in the Dye Sublimation section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.