[QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA] - Heat press in Australia - brand, price, supplier? 16" x 20" (35" x 35" min) - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

TShirtForums Mobile Apps
TShirtForums iPhone App
TShirtForums Android App

Follow T-ShirtForums on TwitterT-ShirtForums Video Channel on YouTubeBecome a Fan of T-Shirt Forums on Facebook

Add to Google

Subscribe to the T-ShirtForums Newsletter

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Region Specific T-Shirt Information > Australia and New Zealand
T-Shirt information for Australia and New Zealand

[QUEENSLAND - AUSTRALIA] - Heat press in Australia - brand, price, supplier? 16" x 20" (35" x 35" min)

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 6:24:37 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Heat press in Australia - brand, price, supplier? 16" x 20" (35" x 35" min)

Greetings t-shirt makers!
I am looking for a 16" x 20" heat press or at least a 15" x 15" press (or anywhere in between) in Australia.
I have trawled ebay and alibaba but have concluded that I would prefer to go with a quality brand.
What brand have you used, how much did you pay, and where did you buy it?
All your amazing help is appreciated!
Thank-you,
Tanya (tanya)

(Sorry, my title is wrong: I mean 15" x 15" minimum, not 35" x 35")

Last edited by tanya tanya; July 7th, 2010 at 06:41 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 4:04:02 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Steve

Default Re: Heat press in Australia - brand, price, supplier? 16" x 20" (35" x 35" min)

There are lots of places to buy.
I would suggest buying close to home, or at least not a long drive.
Otherwise freight will be a bit steep.

Depending on your budget, here are a couple of places:
Gold Coast Area - http://adzon.cart.net.au/
Sydney (pricey, but good quality) - Stahls Pacific Online - Stahls Pacific Pty Ltd
Brisbane - Sport Numbers Australia
Sydney - Heat Transfer Presses | New Printing Equipment @ GJS Machinery Australia

Others will provide more places to look.
A halway decent 16 x 20 press starts at around $1400.00
Stahls Hotronix 16 x 20 Swinger with all the bells and whistles - $4000.00 approx.

Add GST and freight to these prices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bungy For This Useful Post:
bibsanddribble (March 14th, 2017), tanya tanya (July 12th, 2010)
Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 9:12:16 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Heat press in Australia - brand, price, supplier? 16" x 20" (35" x 35" min)

DO NOT BUY CHINA BRAND, It's easy to broke, plus no waranty if you buy alibaba

Old July 12th, 2010 Jul 12, 2010 12:23:03 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Cheers for the tips both of you. Seems like a wise choice to stay away from the Chinese cheapies as that would probably end up more expensive in the long run.

Bungy, just wondering if you know the name of that Gold Coast company as the didn't seem to work.

Many thanks,
Tanya.

Old July 12th, 2010 Jul 12, 2010 1:24:06 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Tania
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi Tanya and welcome to the forums!

I believe, the company you are asking about is Adzone.

Whether the heat press made in China or not (a lot of them are), main thing is to buy it from a company that will service it and will give you support if required.

Old July 12th, 2010 Jul 12, 2010 1:44:38 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Steve

Hi Tanya
sorry about that. left part of the link off.
Adzon Agencies Pty Ltd -

Old July 13th, 2010 Jul 13, 2010 11:23:53 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks again guys.
Have checked out the Aussie companies listed. Still looking for something a little cheaper but I guess the most expensive is the press that doesn't work, right? Just like the most expensive flight is the one that doesn't get there!
Will post if I find a reputable brand at a good price.
Meanwhile, if anyone is SELLING a SECONDHAND press - please PM me.
Thanks kindly for your help here and on other posts.

Old August 24th, 2010 Aug 24, 2010 9:42:42 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Tim

These guys have been very helpful and have heat presses in Brisbane Power Digital - Sublimation, Transfer, Sign Solutions

Old September 27th, 2010 Sep 27, 2010 5:08:39 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Simon

the stahls brand is pretty good, specially the new automated stuff. that's out next buy as the geoknight we have is temperamental and has a habit of blowing fuses and has also burnt out 3 control boards.
i did think they had a good reputation till i was told the board has a design fault to do with running on our higher voltage. the solution, i was told to open it up and break a part of the mainboard. well Murphys law kicked in and the thing blew up the day i learnt that and they refused to replace it.
my solution was to install a analogue oven thermostat and swear not to buy another one.

Old October 1st, 2010 Oct 1, 2010 2:44:00 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Christopher

First question when your starting out is "what do I need" not "what do I want" second your need to look at "Return On Equity" - how long at my current situation will it take to pay for itself, and Third if I am unhappy with this asset can I resell and upgrade easily?
I really don't care whether it is considered a 'chinese press' just whether it works. As you are starting out cost is a major factor. We are a small swimwear manufacturer and had the same issue, We actually bought a swing away press from Merchandise Man an ebay seller at the time. We Now know it is considered a 'Korean style' swing press. we paid $450 + postage. We put 250 pieces 'Vinyl' a week through that press and have done for the past 4 years, Yes every 6 months I have to tighten up the the allen key bolts or else it will start to fall apart, but as far as I am concerned it is maintainable, it has nothing fancy but works. We will be buying a chinese double platen pneumatic press soon, And for the price will pay for itself very quickly.

Old July 24th, 2011 Jul 24, 2011 10:45:03 PM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Lots of reputable brands take their manufacturing to the Far East and it does not necessarily compromise quality. The result is a reliable, durable machine which requires the same amount of care and maintenance as some higher priced models. What you do have to guard against is machinery for local use that a few manufacturers produce for the Chinese market in tandem with an export quality variant. The latter works a treat and has obvious cost benefit for both producer and end user. As rightly pointed out, they pay back for themselves very quickly.

Last edited by Roxcell Oz; July 25th, 2011 at 11:05 AM..

Old July 25th, 2011 Jul 25, 2011 4:53:36 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jared

Hi Check out echidna sewing products in Brisbane (07) 3390 3600; ask for Erik he is great. We just bought a heat press last year from them and it was a great price and still works great a year on and probably been used on over 8000 dtg t shirts so far.

Old July 25th, 2011 Jul 25, 2011 11:29:49 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzelite
the geoknight we have is temperamental and has a habit of blowing fuses and has also burnt out 3 control boards.
i did think they had a good reputation till i was told the board has a design fault to do with running on our higher voltage.
Hi Simon,

It’s Greg from GJS Machinery here. In the 4.5 years now that we have been selling Geo Knight presses in Australia we’ve only ever had to replace a single power board so your comment is quite surprising. How old is the press, was it purchased from GJS? Is it actually the 220V model that is required here in Australia or the US 120V?

All the digital Geo Knight presses have a lifetime warranty of the heating element and 3 years on the control box.

Cheers,
Greg

Old December 12th, 2011 Dec 12, 2011 5:04:31 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hi Tanya

Try contacting Poli-Film Australia, Welcome to POLI-FILM Australia they carry Adkins Presses at really good prices.

Old December 12th, 2011 Dec 12, 2011 8:31:50 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsmachinery
Hi Simon,

It’s Greg from GJS Machinery here. In the 4.5 years now that we have been selling Geo Knight presses in Australia we’ve only ever had to replace a single power board so your comment is quite surprising. How old is the press, was it purchased from GJS? Is it actually the 220V model that is required here in Australia or the US 120V?

All the digital Geo Knight presses have a lifetime warranty of the heating element and 3 years on the control box.

Cheers,
Greg
we bought it direct from geo knight, and have dealt with aaron regarding the issues we had. the first control board he sent express at no cost, the second one we paid for, and the third was from our mug press which didn't get a allot of use. i ended up using an oven thermostat.
All 3 circuit boards burnt out in the same place.
now the element has also died, so we just got a quote from him to basically replace everything.
we have had it a few years, but a friend who uses a insta press as much as we use ours has had no issues at all in the same time period and now we are borrowing hers till ours is repaired so her is on pretty much all day 5 days a week.

This is a discussion about Heat press in Australia - brand, price, supplier? 16" x 20" (35" x 35" min) that was posted in the Australia and New Zealand section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.