Unwanted halftones with Inkscape and AccuRIP on Epson 1430 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Screen Printing > Advanced Screen Printing Discussion
An area for more advanced screen printing discussions like 4 color and simulated process, specialty printing, and other topics for more experienced screen printers.

Unwanted halftones with Inkscape and AccuRIP on Epson 1430

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2013 Jan 31, 2013 7:15:54 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Unwanted halftones with Inkscape and AccuRIP on Epson 1430

Hey folks,

I've got a problem printing images containing grey and solid black. Accurip converts the greys to halftones, but it also turns the edges of the blacks to ugly halftones too.

If the image contains only solid black (no grey), the edges are nice and crisp. However, if you add some grey to the image, your blacks just take on these weird halftone-y edges.

I'm using inkscape (vector art) and the black is solid black (#000000ff), no blur, 100% opacity, 100% K, 100% alpha, just BLACK.

AccuRIP is set to 22.5 degrees and 55 lpi, running all 6 cartridges on an Epson 1430.

Anyone have any ideas?

Image and color settings:

Color management settings:

Film output:

Old February 2nd, 2013 Feb 2, 2013 4:30:39 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: jUsToN

Default Re: Unwanted halftones with Inkscape and AccuRIP on Epson 1430

Try turning on black point compensation and changing perceptual to relative colorimetric!

Sent from my LG-P509 using T-Shirt Forums

Last edited by halfashirt; February 2nd, 2013 at 04:39 PM..

Old February 3rd, 2013 Feb 3, 2013 8:05:47 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jon

Everything's working much better now!

My big source of problems is that the background greys were not true greys, but semi-transparent blacks. Converting them to 100% opacity and changing from black to grey made the images print out properly.

I also followed your suggestions for black point compensation and relative colorimetric, which helped clear up the reg marks and some background noise that was going on.

Thanks!

Old February 4th, 2013 Feb 4, 2013 4:13:50 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: jUsToN

That's awesome, no prob dude!

Tags: , , , , ,

This is a discussion about Unwanted halftones with Inkscape and AccuRIP on Epson 1430 that was posted in the Advanced Screen Printing Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.